POSITION: SAFE/SANE Clinic Coordinator
REPORTS TO: SAC President
PURPOSE: To directly oversee the day-to-day operations of the Tohill Sexual Assault Forensic Exam (SAFE) Clinic at the Sexual Assault Center in Davidson County. Ensure the SAFE Clinic is providing consistent, quality services and is compatible with community needs. SANE Coordinator will be responsible for managing the daily functioning of the SAFE clinic, maintaining appropriate medical documentation and providing on-site medical-legal exams as needed. This is a full-time position with benefits.
MAJOR DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that quality services are provided for survivors of sexual assault at the SAFE clinic
- Review and maintain client/exam documentation
- Submit medical claims to Tennessee Criminal Injuries Compensation for reimbursement
- Effectively communicate and work collaboratively with Nashville General Hospital’s (NGH) SANEs and Davidson County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART)
- Ensure exams are meeting best practice standards while also prioritizing trauma-informed care and services to the survivors and support people served
- Collaborate with SAC’s SART Coordinator and Advocacy Services Coordinator for continuity of services and continuum of care
- Other necessary responsibilities to provide successful management and oversight of the clinic
- Responsible for office management and oversight of the SAFE Clinic
- Ensure SAFE Clinic is efficiently stocked with necessary supplies, medical-legal exam kits and maintain appropriate inventory of all medical and office supplies
- Perform additional administrative duties related to general medical office management
- Maintain quality equipment, supplies, and order as needed while implementing appropriate sanitation standards
- Maintain and update SANE facility Policies and Procedures as needed.
- To serve as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Support other SANEs as a witness to exams
- Provide sexual assault forensic exams as needed
- To coordinate local SANE trainings and continuing education opportunities as needed
- To ensure accurate collection and maintenance of data related to the SAFE Clinic services to meet funding requirements and best practices
- Ensure the collection and storage of rape kits meets best practice guidelines and standards and is compatible with Davidson County’s current chain of custody needs
- Collect and maintain appropriate data and documentation to support the efforts of the clinic
- Complete monthly statistic reports for the Sexual Assault Center.
- Complete all required reports and documentation to be submitted to funding sources
- Assist in SAC’s Medical Accompaniment Program
- Responsible for planning and conducting at least quarterly Medical Accompaniment volunteer trainings, in collaboration with the Advocacy Services Coordinator and other Advocacy Department staff
- Maintain SAC’s Medical Accompaniment Program on-call calendar and advocate schedules
- Support in volunteer coordination and being a point of contact for MAP volunteers
- Registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years nursing experience OR Registered Nurse with an Associate’s Degree and 5 years nursing experience.
- Completion of a 40 hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program in accordance with the IAFN and Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- Maintain continuing education in forensic nursing as specified by the International Association of Forensic Nurses to maintain SANE-A certification.
- Nurse Practitioner degree preferred
- A highly organized individual who is able to perform duties in an efficient and methodical manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to act in a professional manner at all times as a representative of the agency.
- Is an effective administrator who demonstrates aptitude with administrative duties.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed and able to practice independently.
- Is compassionate and understands the importance of personal neutrality when working a case.
- Must maintain membership in related professional organizations.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and turn
- Must be able to lift equipment and patients up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain BLS certification and annual TB skin testing.
- Maintain peer review of all examinations completed, including documentation review and photo-documentation review. Provide feedback to the appropriate examiner on each review.
Please Send Resume and Cover Letter by mail or email 4/15/18 to:
101 French Landing Drive
Nashville, TN 37228
Position: Victim Advocate
Purpose: The Victim Advocate will provide advocacy, resources, and support to SAC clients. Additional responsibilities will include being available some evenings and weekends to assist in staffing SAC’s Sexual Assault Forensic Exam (SAFE) Clinic.
Reports to: Advocacy Services Coordinator
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide advocacy services to sexual assault survivors in the form of, but not limited to, assisting clients in filing for Victim’s Compensation, navigating the criminal justice system, communication between clients and law enforcement, and appropriate community referrals
- Assist clients in obtaining orders of protection and providing court accompaniment
- Providing needs assessments and orientation visits as needed
- To participate in the Medical Accompaniment Program by assuming on-call responsibilities to respond and provide crisis intervention to survivors of sexual assault seeking medical-legal exams in Davidson County.
- Coordinate efforts with entire Advocacy Team to manage volunteer advocates, including but not limited to expanded recruitment, training, and continuing education for volunteers
- To attend a Victim’s Compensation training annually and then provide an annual in-service to SAC staff on Victim’s Compensation.
- To provide education and training to the community regarding sexual assault victimization issues.
- To increase collaborative relationships with other community agencies providing legal and victim advocacy services to clients.
- Provide advocacy services one week per month at SAC’s SAFE Clinic on nights and weekends.
- To participate in regularly scheduled individual supervision meetings with Advocacy Services Coordinator
- To attend regularly scheduled Advocacy Team meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice, or other related fields. Minimum of 2 years work experience in related field. In some cases, sufficient work experience may be accepted in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
Full-Time, salaried. Benefits.
- Experience with sexual assault victimization issues
- Ability to offer stabilization and safety planning assistance to crisis clients
- Experience and comfort with public speaking
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with professionals from varied fields including social service organizations, law enforcement, criminal justice, government agencies, other therapeutic organizations, etc.
- High emotional IQ with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Familiarity with sexual assault issues, trauma, and resources available in Davidson County
- Preferred Bilingual in English and Spanish
Please send resume and cover letter by email or mail to:
Advocacy Services Coordinator
101 French Landing Drive
Nashville, TN 37228
SAC’s clinical internships are reserved for second-year graduate students and require a minimum of a 9-month commitment.
We are now accepting applications for our Clinical Internship Program for the 2018-2019 school year. Internships are a minimum of 8 months in length and are reserved for second-year graduate students, or those in an advanced standing program. To learn more or to apply, please contact Kiersten Twitchell at email@example.com
You can find our current volunteer needs here.